Re: [wtp-releng] No rest for the committed: more plugins need pre-req ranges updated.

Thanks for the info Carl. You might open a bug just so the issues are well documented and available for others to learn from or comment on.

There is also an issue with some WSDL code with the post M2 EMF ... I think it's going to be tracked in Bug 147982 (Revamp the implementation of WSDLResourceFactoryRegistry) ... It is an old bug, but basically reflects the fact we knew there would be issues here.

So ... unless I hear otherwise from committers, we will NOT be moving up the EMF pre-req until these two issues are settled.

Since the code for this week's I-build is due Wednesday EOD, I'm not sure all the required changes can be safely made by then ... but let me know if anyone wants/needs me to move up the pre-req.

Thanks

Carl Anderson/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/09/2007 10:20 AM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-releng] No rest for the committed: more plugins need pre-req        ranges updated.

David,

The Java EE Tools team has all of the prereq ranges ready... but we have found a breaking change in the latest EMF driver. The URIConverterImpl class was deprecated and now inherits from the ExtensibleURIConverterImpl class... and the behavior of that class has changed. (The methods that we override are no longer called.) This effects multiple subclasses of URIConverterImpl, and will either cause us to raise the minimum range for EMF or require the EMF team to revert to the previous behavior.
As such, we are not ready for the base to be moved up to the new level of EMF.

FWIW,

- Carl Anderson
WTP programmer
Inactive hide details for David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUSDavid M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/08/2007 11:58 AM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[wtp-releng] No rest for the committed: more plugins need pre-req ranges updated.

I'd like to move up to the latest post-M2 version of our pre-reqs today or tomorrow, and from
my local environment, it appears a number of plugins need to adjust some pre-req ranges for the
latest EMF. Please get the latest and put in your target to see if it effects your code, but the following list

are ones I saw that need immediate attention. As always, please fix up any overly narrow ranges in your
manifests so we won't keep having these build breaks needlessly. If there are questions about when to
make wide and when to be conservative, please ask, here on wtp-releng. Thanks.

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/modeling/emf/emf/downloads/drops/2.4.0/I200710041746/emf-sdo-xsd-SDK-I200710041746.zip

org.eclipse.jst.ejb.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.core

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotation.model

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.xdoclet

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.jca

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.navigator.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.web

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.webservice

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.webservice.ui

org.eclipse.jst.jee.web

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.common

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.common.ui

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.context.symbol.tests

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.tests

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.facesconfig

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.facesconfig.tests

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.facesconfig.ui

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.metadata.tests

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.standard.tagsupport

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.ui.tests

org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core

org.eclipse.jst.server.websphere.core

org.eclipse.wst.common.emf

org.eclipse.wst.common.emfworkbench.integration