Re: [wtp-releng] No rest for the committed: more plugins need pre-req ranges updated.

David,

The Java EE Tools team has all of the prereq ranges ready... but we have found a breaking change in the latest EMF driver. The URIConverterImpl class was deprecated and now inherits from the ExtensibleURIConverterImpl class... and the behavior of that class has changed. (The methods that we override are no longer called.) This effects multiple subclasses of URIConverterImpl, and will either cause us to raise the minimum range for EMF or require the EMF team to revert to the previous behavior.
As such, we are not ready for the base to be moved up to the new level of EMF.

FWIW,

- Carl Anderson
WTP programmer
Inactive hide details for David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUSDavid M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

          David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
          Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          10/08/2007 11:58 AM

          Please respond to
          Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[wtp-releng] No rest for the committed: more plugins need pre-req ranges updated.

I'd like to move up to the latest post-M2 version of our pre-reqs today or tomorrow, and from
my local environment, it appears a number of plugins need to adjust some pre-req ranges for the
latest EMF. Please get the latest and put in your target to see if it effects your code, but the following list
are ones I saw that need immediate attention. As always, please fix up any overly narrow ranges in your
manifests so we won't keep having these build breaks needlessly. If there are questions about when to
make wide and when to be conservative, please ask, here on wtp-releng. Thanks.

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/modeling/emf/emf/downloads/drops/2.4.0/I200710041746/emf-sdo-xsd-SDK-I200710041746.zip

org.eclipse.jst.ejb.ui
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.core
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotation.model
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.ui
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.xdoclet
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.jca
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.navigator.ui
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ui
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.web
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.webservice
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.webservice.ui
org.eclipse.jst.jee.web
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.common
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.common.ui
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.context.symbol.tests
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.tests
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.facesconfig
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.facesconfig.tests
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.facesconfig.ui
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.metadata.tests
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.standard.tagsupport
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.ui.tests
org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core
org.eclipse.jst.server.websphere.core
org.eclipse.wst.common.emf
org.eclipse.wst.common.emfworkbench.integration