RE: [wtp-pmc] Open server adapter contributions

Thanks for the correction Mike.

Lawrence

"Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/26/2006 10:34 AM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)'" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [wtp-pmc] Open server adapter contributions

I can promise you that the Eclipse Foundation cares deeply that we do not use the logos or trademarks of any company without their prior written consent. In the case of a specific Apache project (e.g. Geronimo), Apache does have stringent trademark guidelines in place that we would need to follow as well.

>  * Only the organization who owns a logo/trademark can associate it
>with a server runtime. This is necessary to protect the rights of the
>owner.

I don't think this is necessary for open source projects with friendly licenses such as Apache. _______________________________________________
wtp-pmc mailing list
wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx