Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Dependency on Validator framework - optionsgoing forward?

Well, looks much more promising then I thought. Again my concern is about performance, and I include general XSL Validation either structural or syntax in with any XML Validation. The two bugs I listed 210413 and 210416 really apply to any type of validation where you have structural checks that that need to occur and a DTD or Schema that can be used to check that the structure is correct.

The one thing that I don't want to see in any of the XSL files that we create is the need to have an xsi:schemaLocation included in there so that we get both syntax and content assistance added for the XSL tags. No other XSL Editor requires them and it'll be an interoperability issue if it is required. If we have ways to implement it without 210413 and 210416 then great.

I hope the new validation framework addresses the performance issues the current validation approach has, because with over 400 XSDs, that current get revalidated every time a directory is deleted, several hundred XML files, and very large 300 HTML files that would end up being validated, it really is counter productive for me to even enable to the batch validators.

Dave

Back to the top