[wtp-dev] Is Validation dead?

With the default settings, Eclipse will validate everything in node_modules and bower_components and any other directories I create.

This took ages and produced a ton of errors, so I turned off validation.

If I want to use validation without seeing tons of these 3rd party errors, I have to add an 'exclude' group in each type of validation (approx 25) and add in each directory manually.

This is a lot of work, and then I have to decide if I apply it in the workspace settings, which will be lost when I upgrade Eclipse next, or for each project.

Is validation functionally dead because of this, or is there a work-around, or is there a solution in the pipeline, like allowing global include/exclude groups?

Thanks
Adam

Back to the top