[wtp-dev] Initial development setup - p2

First of all: thanks for the feedback. I promise that I will document my steps for an initial setup but I can't do that within the Eclipse Wiki as it's simply awful.

I'm still having a lot of questions, though (btw. I'm using R3_7_0 as I know it had been released and therefore should work but of course I'm cross checking with the master branch):

---

1. As Mickael suggested I executed the following command line:

    $> mvn clean verify -U -Pbuild-individual-bundles

This still gives me the same error regarding the missing repository: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.5milestones/S-4.5M5a-201502031300.

What's confusing to me is the fact that the pom refers to 3.6.0-SNAPSHOT even though I'm using the tag R3_7_0 for my branch.

Why is that and where can I get access to the wtp-parent? I couldn't find a project named 'wtp-parent' within the Gerrit listing.

---

2. The plugins are obviously maven based so I'm wondering why the eclipse project files such as .project/.classpath etc are versioned? Importing them into my workspace causes a lot of them to be changed which is kind of problematic.

What's the reason to checkin Eclipse project resources?

---

3. Using 4.6-jee as the target platform and after importing all webtools.javaee plugins I still got some errors. For instance: The R3_7_0 version of org.eclipse.wst.web.ui refers to org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui [1.0.0, 2.0.0) which isn't present. Are there any scripts/magic that need to be executed to make this project ad-hoc compilable?

Best regards

Daniel Kasmeroglu

Back to the top