Re: [wtp-dev] SWTBot and/or RCPTT for WTP testing

On 04/14/2016 08:30 PM, Carl Anderson wrote:

I do not have any first-hand experience with SWTBot. Are there other teams at Eclipse that are already using SWTBot for testing?

EGit and CDT are the 2 main users of SWTBot at Eclipse.org. There's also been the question about whether Platform could adopt it (question is still pending). It's also used by *a lot* of external projects (including JBoss Tools).

My biggest concern since we moved to CBI has been the fact that we have not yet got our JUnit tests running again as part of the main release build. I would consider getting those running again a much higher priority than getting SWTBot (or any new tests) into the main release build.

FYI, JSDT tests do run with CBI, on the Gerrit and CI builds.

However, I am more than willing to review patches and do whatever can be done to get the SWTBot tests running in any project's build, with the expectation that those will also run correctly in the main release build, once the JUnit issues are fixed.
And, WTP Releng is always welcome to contributions from "future committers" - if anyone would like to work towards becoming a WTP Releng committer, we could certainly use the help.

As far as I can see, it seems like the wtp releng aggregator repo isn't using Gerrit. Can you please enable it? It will make much easier to contribute.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat