Re: [wtp-dev] JSDT Parser

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 12:18 PM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/14/2016 05:11 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:

BTW, Sublime is Eclipse's biggest competitor in the web space from what I see. An Orion integration with Sublime raises the bar even higher.
IMO, it's not the main one to consider: with Atom and VSCode, a lot of users are moving from Sublime to one of those 2 *free* editors. I wouldn't consider Sublime as something very sustainable nowadays, and if one wants hype for the next year, I wouldn't recommend to run on Sublime.

I'm just basing that on what I see people use, what I see in video tutorials, etc.

I also use Sublime metaphorically to encompass all extensible text editors. The point is, if JSDT and the Eclipse IDE is to be competitive, it needs to keep up as these text editors are taking over.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat