[wtp-dev] Java EE Configuration Editors Update

I have completed about half of web.xml editor. There is enough there for interested parties to poke at to get a better idea as to what’s coming.

Important caveat is that the editor currently only support version 2.4 of servlet spec. There is no multi-version support or merging of Java annotations… yet.

To take this for a spin, start with a recent Indigo Java EE kit or similar (such as RC4). Point at the following update site and install everything.

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/sapphire-0.3.x/408/artifact/build/repository/

Don’t try to go to a newer build as we will be removing the web.xml editor plugin from the build in preparation for Sapphire 0.3 release.

If you prefer to build from source, you can find it at the following location in CVS:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.sapphire/plugins/org.eclipse.sapphire.samples.jee/?root=Technology_Project

Note that in order to build this plugin, you will need Sapphire in your target platform and Sapphire SDK in your dev eclipse. The last bit is very important to pay attention to as Sapphire SDK contains the code generator that is used for building the editor plugin.

The rest should be pretty self-explanatory. Arm yourself with a 2.4 level web project and open the web.xml file.

Let me know if there are any comments or questions.

- Konstantin

Back to the top