Re: [wtp-dev] Re: extending the XML editor

You are right in the assumptions about MANIFEST.MF, but the 3000 errors must be trying to tell you otherwise. Does the PDE editor for plugin.xml give you any warnings if you open it?

You may want to take a look at how the XSD editor is constructed, it extends the XML editor, altough it only reuses the source page.

Other sources of inspiration might be the JBoss IDE's Seam "page.xml" editor, or the tooling for faces-config.xml (I don't know if that is from WTP or JBoss IDE, in fact).

You needn't check out the source to peek at the source, and to extend the editor, though, you can add the SDK feature from Software Update,  create your plugin and specify the xml bundles, and then you can explore them with source from your workspace. Or you can import them as projects using the PDE import wizard, sing the  "as full projects with source" option.

Hope this helps!

-Jesper