Re: [wtp-dev] wtp question

Hi Massive,

This type of question are better suited for the newsgroups. The mailing list is used for inter-development communication.

Having said the answer I might as well give you some more information since while I am writing you this email.

The answer to yours question will depend on what Server adapters you are using. Each Server adapters have their own implementation, the features they support will depend in two main principles:
- whether the Server can read files from multiple places,
- if the Eclipse WTP Server adapter supports that functionality.

In the case of Tomcat, there is an option called "Serve modules without publishing" that allows to the support you are looking for (ie: not copying files to a temp directory) . I am not familiar with the extend of the support of this option so there might be some restrictions that I am not aware of it. Larry who is very active in the newsgroups will be able to provide you with a better answer.

Best Regards,
-- --
Mr. Angel Vera
Server Tools Developer for WTP and Rational
Lotus Notes: Angel Vera/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Tel: 905-413-5919 - E-Mail: arvera@xxxxxxxxxx
-----
Those who think that something is impossible,
should not interfere with those who are willing to do it. - Angel Vera

Inactive hide details for "massive.boisson" ---08/04/2009 03:33:03 PM---Hi, I have 2 question that I could not find answers to:"massive.boisson" ---08/04/2009 03:33:03 PM---Hi, I have 2 question that I could not find answers to: - when publishing to my server from eclipse/

"massive.boisson" <massive.boisson@xxxxxxxxx>

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/04/2009 03:33 PM

[wtp-dev] wtp question

Sent by:

wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, I have 2 question that I could not find answers to:

- when publishing to my server from eclipse/wtp, my .svn files are copied as
well. Is there a way to avoid this and somehow filter them out?

- can my class files or/and my jsp files be read from my project directory,
and not copied to some other location?

Thanks a lot,

-MB