From: Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@xxxxxxxx>
To: "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/08/2008 07:39 AM
Subject: [wtp-dev] firefox3 browser issue in eclipse - self signed certificates not accepted

Hi,
For some reason when your default browser is firefox 3 or later due to
the feature of better security of firefox we cannot open a web site
having self signed certificate inside the eclipse browser. I searched on
the net regarding this on how to solve it. So far what I've found is
that this is a bug in firefox and that until it is fixed at their end
the issue will persist in eclipse. Since I use linux and firefox is the
typical default browser I'm constantly facing this problem. I could not
find a workaround for this problem anywhere. I'm not sure whether this
issue was discussed in an earlier thread (or even in a different mailing
list) because i couldn't find it. If i'm programatically launching the
internal browser is there a way to make the browser ignore the proper
certificates or to change the browser level of security? I know that
this is a browser specific issue, but any lead on this would be highly
appreciated.

Thank you,
Saminda