From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Max Rydahl Andersen
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:49 PM
To: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [wtp-dev] Modelling multiple runtimes in one server

Hi,

$subject have been on my mind for a long time and I have been looking high
and low for answers
but I just can't get my head around how this is supposed to be done in
WTP/Facets.

JBoss AS is a server that you can start and stop, but such server will be
able to contain multiple runtimes,
i.e. J2EE, Portal, ESB, SIP-server etc. Each of these runtimes can be
expressed as being able to
have one or more facets enabled/disabled on it and these runtimes can all
be used separatly and together.

*but* I don't see how WTP support this notion. Each server can only have
*one* runtime.

The only way I can see this work is to allow *any* facet to be installed
on JBoss AS server even though
that is wrong dependent on which configuration users are activating - but
that means that users can
enable facets on a server that won't work if deployed....

How is the facet framework supposed to be used with this ? Which servers
are limited to only one specific runtime/deployment scenario ?

--
/max