[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[wtp-dev] Proposal for an early 3.0.3


Just to keep everyone informed ....

A WTP committer has requested we have another maintenance release, before the one currently planned for February.

The PMC is considering this request since we think quality on our 3.0.x stream is still not where it should be
and since this fits in with some sponsoring adopters' requests. The WTP PMC is considering this and other possible options,
and the PMC will likely decide next week, 9/23.

So, following the normal open and transparent processes, the proposed schedule would be similar to the following.

10/24  RC1 (i.e. PMC review starts)
10/31 RC2
11/7   RC3
11/14 3.0.3 Release

If we adopt this or similar plan, our February Ganymede simultaneous release would then be WTP 3.0.4.

Comments are welcome and we'll make a formal announcement once a formal decision has been reached.

We know there is a cost associated with every maintenance release,
but are inclined to think the benefits of more frequent maintenance (in improving WTP quality) would be worth the costs.