Re: [wtp-dev] JSDT Autocompletion inserts \0\0 after a resolved type reference

Please open a bug.

Phil Berkland
IBM Software Group Emerging Technologies

Matthias Kempka <mkempka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/12/2008 09:41 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

WTP general discussion <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] JSDT Autocompletion inserts \0\0 after a resolved type        reference

I'm working on an Inferrer that contributes to JSDT and provides types
and members etc for the Qooxdoo framework.
First of all, it's amazing how few lines of code are necessary to
contribute these things, imho you are doing a great job there.

Now I found a strange behaviour that I can't explain, so maybe you can
do that for me:

- At the beginning of the file I defined a qooxdoo type "App" with a
static member "PI". This is correctly inferred, at least it shows up
in the outline as expected and it shows up in the autocompletions as
expected.
- Further down, I start a new line, type "A", hit autocomplete. I get
the suggestion for "App", can complete it, and the autocompletion
after "App." correctly suggests "PI" and all is well. So I got a line
that looks like:

App.PI;

- Next line, I just type "App.PI;", not using autocompletion. So I get
two lines that look identical. :

App.PI;
App.PI;

Only the second line does not validate. An error marker shows up and
tells me "App can not be resolved".

The reason for this behaviour is not clear to me, I can only tell what
the difference between the lines is:
When looked at it in a hex editor, I see that the characters of the
first line look like this:

while the second line is this:

Can somebody tell why this is and how I am supposed to work with it so
that a user that just types correct code sees that it validates?

Thank you,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kempka