From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David M Williams
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 11:42 AM
To: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [wtp-dev] Compile failures due to change inClasspathDependencyUtil?

Hey folks,

And Rob !?

It appears the "getDefaultRuntimePath(boolean)" method recently changed to "getDefaultRuntimePath(boolean, boolean)"

Is this a "breaking API change"? Is it required for adopters to react? Should there be too methods, one with old signature which assumes the other boolean is true or false and calls the old version? I would assume we should have the two versions, but haven't looked at why the change was made.

Source File: org/eclipse/jst/jsf/core/internal/project/facet/JSFFacetInstallDelegate.java
1. ERROR: ParameterMismatch
The method getDefaultRuntimePath(boolean, boolean) in the type ClasspathDependencyUtil is not applicable for the arguments (boolean)
JSFFacetInstallDelegate.java :
176 : ClasspathDependencyUtil.getDefaultRuntimePath(true).toString());

Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information of BEA Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Back to the top