Re: [wtp-dev] Jetty adaptor

Welcome! That'd be great to have a Jetty adapter, it's been
much requested and some on the wtp newsgroup (eclipse.webtools)
used to talk about "generic" ones some folks have written, but don't think
anyone has written a "native" one.

I'll send a test to the jst list, by CC, but this list is fine.
I see no activity on that list since March, so maybe it's gotten unplugged.
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-jst-dev/maillist.html

I'll let others, more knowledgeable, answer the nitty gritty, but our
direction is "the latter", to have the server adapters hosted by their host.

You can play with the "Download additional server adapters" link in a recent WTP,
to see this in action. Those come from several places.
There would be a point you'd have to open a bugzilla to
give us a URL to your update site for users to "discover" adapters to install.
There are a some adapters (still) in the Eclipse Repository, and shipped with WTP,
but that's not as scalable or flexible as it needs to be, so these "installable servers"
is the preferred approach.

Jan Bartel <janb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/27/2007 12:54 AM

Please respond to
janb@xxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Jetty adaptor

Hi all,

I tried mailing the wtp-jst-dev list a week or so ago, but from
the silence, it seems like perhaps this is a better list?

I'm one of the leads on the Jetty project, and I'm starting to develop
a Jetty adapter for the web tooling/jst components.

Do these adapters normally live in the Eclipse source repository or
are they normally hosted by the web server's project? If the latter,
what kind of arrangements does a project need to make in order to offer
an adapter that can be easily downloaded and installed into Eclipse workbench?

Finally, any pointers to tutorials, whitepapers or presentations on writing
Server adapters would be very gratefully received  ;-)

very best regards
Jan
--
Jan Bartel, Webtide LLC | janb@xxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.webtide.com