[wtp-dev] Reminder of 1.5.3's tight schedule this week

Just wanted remind everyone that 1.5.3 will be "rolled up" with the rest of the Callisto maintenance release on Friday, so there can be several days of "verification" before it's started to be duplicated to mirrors (probably Wednesday of next week) and then officially released (announced) on Friday, 16th.

Hence, our final 1.5.3 build should be done soon, with the few remaining just-approved bugs released for a build.

These last few fixes do not invalidate any testing that's been done, but everyone should continue their testing efforts to be sure there are no regressions,
and to verify bugs that are still in the "fixed" state.

I'll also do some sanity checking on a testUpdate site to be sure it'll work, before being rolled up with the rest of Callisto.

In the hopefully-extremely-unlikely event that anyone does need PMC approval, John has improved our "PMC Approval Process" description on the wiki, see

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_PMC_Defect_Review

In particular, please pay close attention to the standard questions listed there that need to be answered in the bugzilla:
  • Explain why you believe this is a stop-ship defect.
  • Is there a work-around? If so, why do you believe the work-around is insufficient?
  • How has the fix been tested? Is there a test case attached to the bugzilla record? Has a JUnit Test been added?
  • Give a brief technical overview. Who has reviewed this fix?
  • What is the risk associated with this fix?

As always, if anyone has even more improvements to make to this write-up, please do.
(So, committers, please book mark that page and review it before submitting a bug PMC Review request.)

Even if not used now, before you know it, it'll be time to use this process for 2.0!

Much thanks,

Back to the top