|RE: [wtp-dev] Copy/Paste j2ee projects not the same as Rename|
From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Raev, Kaloyan
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 10:53 AM
Subject: [wtp-dev] Copy/Paste j2ee projects not the same as Rename
I experience some inconsistency with Copy/Paste/Rename operations over j2ee projects: ear, ejb, web.
Let's execute the following steps:
1. Create an ejb project with name 'ejb'.
2. Copy the 'ejb' project. (right-click --> Copy).
3. Choose right-click --> Paste. Choose 'ejb-copy' for name.
4. Choose right-click --> Refactor --> Rename on the 'ejb' project. Choose 'ejb-rename' for name.
Now we have two projects:
- ejb-copy that is copy/pasted from the original 'ejb' project;
- ejb-rename that is the renamed original 'ejb' project.
Let's now compare their .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component files:
- for ejb-copy we have <wb-module deploy-name="ejb"> (aren't we expect "ejb-copy" instead of "ejb"?);
- for ejb-renamed we have <wb-module deploy-name="ejb-rename"> (looks nice here).
The described inconsistency may cause problems later on deployment, because if the user duplicates j2ee projects with copy/paste then he/she might expect that the deploy name changes automatically, too (the same way as with rename).
If you agree that this behavior is a bug I will report it to bugzilla and will try to search for a solution.
NW AS JS TOOLS JEE (BG)
SAP Labs Bulgaria
>>Register now for BEA World 2006 --- See http://www.bea.com/beaworld<< _______________________________________________________________________ Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information of BEA Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.