Re: [wtp-dev] Writing WTP JUnit tests

Also, to have the build machine run your JUnit tests, you need to update a test script:

/releng.wtpbuilder/distribution/wtp.tests/testScripts/test.xml

We should create an Ant target for your test plug-in. It will look something like the following:

        <target name="my-newly-created-tests" description="Runs my new JUnit tests">
                <antcall target="runtests">
                        <param name="testPlugin" value="${org.eclipse.jst.mytests}" />
                        <param name="report" value="org.eclipse.jst.mytests" />
                </antcall>
        </target>

The all target is the target that starts all the JUnit tests, so make sure you call your newly created target from the all target. For example:

        <target name="all" depends="init">
                <echo message="Starting my-newly-created-tests"/>
                <antcall target="my-newly-created-tests"/>
        </target>

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/UMZ/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920
jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/19/2006 05:24 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] Writing WTP JUnit tests

In general,
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Platform-releng-faq

contains some good getting started instructions and links to references for the test framework.
(we follow the base framework very closely ... there might be some small differences somewhere).

Let us know if there's questions you still have.

"Konstantin Komissarchik" <kosta@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/13/2006 06:39 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Writing WTP JUnit tests

Is there information anywhere on how to integrate JUnit tests into WTP testing infrastructure? I am particularly interested in how tests are added to build, how they are invoked, and what sort of assumptions can tests make about their environment (for instance, does something setup eclipse in a headless mode prior to calling the test or is that test’s responsibility). Any other information regarding writing tests for WTP would also be useful.

Thanks,

- Konstantin

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
by email and then delete it.