Re: [wtp-dev] R101 M builds open for business -- use R1_0_maintenance branch of releng

David,

Thx for getting the 1.0.1 stream going.

I'd like to remind everyone that the weekly M-builds are very important for our adopters. We have a large backlog of Hot Bugs targetted to 1.0.1. Please give those top priority. As usual, all commit comments should refer to a bug via the square bracket prefix convention, e.g. the commit comment:

[12345] Fixed the gizmo

refers to bug 12345. We are planning to extract reports from CVS that rely on this convention, so please follow it. Thx.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/30/2005 03:40 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] R101 M builds open for business -- use R1_0_maintenance        branch of releng

FYI,

I've branched the WTP map files, and named it "
R1_0_maintenance".

So ... if you want to include a fix in R101, be sure you have the "
R1_0_maintenance" branch of releng loaded and synched in your workspace,
and release your projects to that branch. (And, ... re-release to head of releng if you are maintaining same stream
for both 1.0.1 and 1.5). [Its up to each development team if and when to branch their actual code -- the version tag is all that
matters for the build].

As decided in last status meeting, Monday "night", say Tuesday 2 AM (Eastern), at latest, should be cut off for weekly
"M" build code, so on Tuesday, most recent 'committer' M-build should be smoke tested, and results posted to wtp-releng.
The goal then is that a weekly M build will be declared by Wednesday noon (eastern) .... allowing some time for re-build,
in case some regression occurs.

I believe technically, that means Tuesday 1/3/06 is first "smoke test" day -- assuming anyone releases a fix by then.

Note: currently "pre-reqs" are the same for 1.0, namely 3.1.1 ... we'll likely eventually use 3.1.2, but hopefully should not
matter .. we need to be 100% binary/behavior compatible .... if anyone ever finds a reason that can not be true ... be sure
to speak up loudly.

Thanks all.