From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Timothy Deboer
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:02 AM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Submitted Cactus Run-On-Server capability

Hi Dan,

I haven't had a chance to run it yet, but looking at the code it looks like you've picked up the fundamentals very well. Are the Cactus dependancies required by the plugin, or just in the user's classpath? It if is required by the plugin, it may take some time to get legally approved before this could be included in a build. If it is only required for the user, then maybe an appropriate error message when the user tries to use the function would suffice for now.

If you haven't already, the next step will be finding and convincing a committer that they should "own" this function and get it into the build. You'll also need to discuss whether it should stay a separate plugin, or just be bundled into an existing plugin for now. Finally, you'll need to do some cleanup like making all of the packages internal so that you're not declaring it all as API, and renaming the plugin to match an existing component.

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

"Daniel Somerfield" <dsomerfi@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/04/2005 04:57 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[wtp-dev] Submitted Cactus Run-On-Server capability

For those of you who are interested in server-side testing, I have attached a plug-in project to bug 90003 which enables Run-On-Server capability to Servlet test cases. There is a readme in the project which includes the manual steps currently necessary to run a test. Eventually, I hope to make the process completely automated, but I haven’t figured out how all that will work yet.

One roadblock is that a number of Cactus dependencies will need to be bundled. Currently they need to be downloaded separately.

I hope you will give the plug-in a try and let me know how it can be improved.

Thanks,
wtp-dev mailing list
wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx