Re: [wtp-dev] M4 Candidate Rebuild in progress

J2EE Tools - Go for M4!!

I have been testing some scenarios, and do see some usability issues.  BUT...

I was able to create a web module, and an ejb module within the same project targeted to JBoss.  I added a dependency from war to EJB, that builds the jar into the web-inf/lib folder.

I then created a servlet, and a session bean , both using annotations, and a front-end jsp that invokes the servlet.  The servlet calls the session bean to retrurn a string value.

This all ran on JBoss 3.2.3

Thanks - Chuck

Rational J2EE Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/29/2005 01:48 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] M4 Candidate Rebuild in progress

I have started a re-build to pick up fixes for these following defects. Assuming all goes well (and, when does it ever
when the timing is tight on Friday afternoon) it should be ready for download and verification around 4:30 EDT.
Teams that have verified previous build do not have to re-verify (since versions/potential side effects,etc.
were carefully checked for this rebuild) -- but originators of these bugs should verify this build.

92387 blo P3 jst.j2ee-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx pmoogk@xxxxxxxxxx Can't create a web module
93033 cri P3 mdelder@xxxxxxxxxx st.j2ee 1.0 M4 Workbench not responsive when trying to start or stop server
93173 maj P2 deboer@xxxxxxxxxx pavery@xxxxxxxxxx JSP Debugger can't find source path
93174 maj P2 deboer@xxxxxxxxxx pavery@xxxxxxxxxx JSP Debugger points to ".deployables" version of the .jsp...
93019 maj  P2  kathy@xxxxxxxxxx  Launching Web Service Explorer from Webservice Wizard not...
93156 maj  P2  csalter@xxxxxxxxxx add Schema for Schema to XML Catalog to enable content as...

While this has been painful, I appreciate everyone's last push to improve quality, and while we do still have
a number of "major" defects, its not near as many as some other top level projects that shall go unnamed :), so
we are headed in the right direction.