Fw: [wtp-dev] M4 Status

Just an update on defect 93033:

After I synch with the following plugins that was just fixed, I don't get the problem
anymore:

- jst.j2ee
- jst.j2ee.ejb
- jst.j2ee.web
- wst.common.modulecore
- wst.server.core
- wst.server.ui

I was able to run the original scenario with 5 modules.  I also tried adding 6
more modules to the server, starting and stopping the server is still fine.  So
it looks like the problem had been fixed.

Thanks for the quick response, Michael!

Kathy Chan
Rational Studio Java Web Services, IBM Toronto Lab
D3-354, D3/R8V/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
kathy@xxxxxxxxxx, (905) 413-3022, tieline: 969-6038, fax: (905) 413-4920

----- Forwarded by Kathy Chan/Toronto/IBM on 29/04/2005 01:21 PM -----
David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

29/04/2005 10:14 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] M4 Status

Naci,

For JSP, I'm sad to say "no go". We've detected some serious JSP Debugging issues that are partially due to some

enhancements made to jst.server a few weeks ago and partially due to flexible project support not being fully
used in other components yet (I think).

We have fixes for these, and have released for re-build.

93173 maj P2 deboer@xxxxxxxxxx pavery@xxxxxxxxxx JSP Debugger can't find source path
93174 maj P2 deboer@xxxxxxxxxx pavery@xxxxxxxxxx JSP Debugger points to ".deployables" version of the .jsp...

But, two other serious bugs are still being investigated,

92387 blo P3 jst.j2ee-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx pmoogk@xxxxxxxxxx Can't create a web module
93033
cri P3 wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx kathy@xxxxxxxxxx Workbench not very responsive after running a few tests

I'd estimate at least noon (EDT) to fully evaluate these last two (both 'cause' and is truly 'blocking',
so a rebuild and its verification not until roughly
4 PM (EDT) ... after your bedtime!?  :).

If you have any disagreement or suggestions on this plan's timeline, the bugs severity, etc., please let us know.

David

Naci Dai <naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/29/2005 09:25 AM

Please respond to
naci.dai and "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] M4 Status

Would the component owners report their go-nogo status for M4 please:

For JST, I will need verification for:

common       (CB
ejb               (ND, CB)
j2ee-general (CB)