Fw: [wtp-dev] What's backup plan?

Hi,

I've finished releasing a few changes into the Web services code.  This should be picked up if there's a respin of the I-build but would not warrant a rebuild itself (see Chris' note below).

Please note that the Next button is enabled even on the last page of the Web Service and Web Service Client wizard and you'll have to hit Finish to dismiss the wizard.

Kathy Chan
Rational Studio Java Web Services, IBM Toronto Lab
D3-354, D3/R8V/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
kathy@xxxxxxxxxx, (905) 413-3022, tieline: 969-6038, fax: (905) 413-4920

----- Forwarded by Kathy Chan/Toronto/IBM on 15/04/2005 11:42 AM -----
Chris Brealey/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

15/04/2005 10:53 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] What's backup plan?

David,

I20050415 is a suitable development target for Web services, but is not a suitable target for functional testing of Web services.

We are releasing a few changes into Web services now that improve the functionality to a point where, with a couple of workarounds, it is possible to get thru the three Axis scenarios (top-down, bottom-up, client). The workarounds are not horribly complex, but they are not trivial either, so even with our latest changes I would still not consider a respun I-build as a good base for beginning proper function testing of Web services. We will need a couple more days and a few more fixes from ourselves and J2EE to get to that point.

So, to sum up:

1. I do not think the changes we are releasing now warrant a respin, but if a respin happens for other reasons, then our changes will get included.

2. I'm leaning in the same direction you are... continuous I-builds. Later today I'm planning to refactor a number of package names in Web services, and continuous I-builds will help me catch any refactoring gliches sooner than next Tuesday morning (not there will be any glitches, of course!)

Cheers - CB.

Chris Brealey
Rational Studio Java Web Services, IBM Canada Ltd.
D3-275, D3/ENX/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx, 905.413.6038, tieline:969.6038, fax:905.413.4920

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/15/2005 12:12 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] What's backup plan?

Remember, by noon Friday, I'd like to hear from all component leads
is this I-buld is suitable for continued M-week testing, or

No, need another I-build, or
No, but let's call it an I-build (suitable for development target), then
immediately start trying to produce a better M-build candidate ... continuous builds
from Friday to Monday. Then test Tuesday Wed, Thursday?

I'm leaning towards this latter, but again, value all views.

Thanks