[wtp-dev] Common Navigator API Cleanup

Extended Team:

      The Common Navigator API cleanup is approaching its final stages.
Many changes have taken place which will cause breakages for existing
clients. In an effort to minimize the pain and suffering caused by these
wide-sweaping changes, these changes will be committed in one chunk. The
new API has already been released with the help of Chuck Bridgham, but the
next release will remove the old API. I only found one existing client of
the WTP Navigator in the repo (org.eclipse.wst.rdb.server.ui) and I have
constructed a patch to fix up that particluar plugin.
      From here on out, the API for the Common Navigator is expected to
remain relatively stable, and Java Doc has been added to
CommonNavigator.java and CommonViewer.java for those that want a quick high
level view. The documentation effort will be continuing this week -- with a
high level architecture document to be released later in the week.

Der Ping and Loic,
      I have copied you specifically on this email to review the attached
patch. If you need more time to do this, please let me know. If you would
like, I can ask Chuck to release these changes when the remaining Navigator
API changes are released.

Kind Regards,

Michael D. Elder
Rational Studio / J2EE Tools Development
IBM RTP Lab
Ext: (919) 543-8356
T/L:  441-8356
mdelder@xxxxxxxxxx

(See attached file: org.eclipse.wst.rdb.server.ui_patch.txt)