Re: [wtp-dev] should WST have references to JDT?

I'm with Fernando. Although JDT is included in the Eclipse SDK, it's not
part of the Eclipse Platform proper.

I don't see why we would want WST to depend on JDT for anything.

---jim

fernando@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/12/2004 06:19 AM
Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] should WST have references to JDT?

Hi Nic,

> I do not see any problems with WST referencing JDT, if it needs its
> functionality, since JDT is part of base platform.

I don't think JDT is part of the base plataform. Should CDT for example
developers require Java suppport? Wasn't the reason there's WST and JST
supporting non-java web development and j2ee development without bloat?

I guess most if not all people interested on WST today are j2ee
developers.
Maybe someone should invite PHP developers like ThruStudio and PHPeclipse
joind so the project actually delivers a foundation for generic web
development.

[]s, Fernando Lozano