[wildwebdeveloper-dev] About WildWebDeveloper and other solutions
- Do you have bindings as in the IBinding and ITypeBinding etc., classes in JDT?
- JDT bindings do not always work. Over the last three years, we have reported several bugs in JDT binding that got resolved. The problems in JDT typically occur for parametric types, inner classes, anonymous inner classes, etc., and most importantly the library classes. Is wildwebdeveloper relatively more stable when it comes to bindings?
- If type hints are available, can they be used to query for types?
- Like JDT, do you have a small-memory representation of the program units (ICompilationUnit) without requiring you to parse and create an AST?
- Do you have support for control flow? For a flow node in code, can we call any API to give us the predecessor and/or successor?
- Do we have binding for methods to connect then to the method declarations?
- How often do you release a new version?
- Which parts of the API are relatively stable? Which parts are evolving?
- Do you have visitors for AST nodes?
- Do you have code rewriting support similar to ASTRewrite in JDT?
I would be looking forward to hearing your expert opinion on this.
Thanks in advance for your time!
Lead Software Engineer