Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] June 25 p2 UI design walk-through

> If anyone has any other suggestions for making this walkthrough work well, please let me know.

While sort of late or a suggestion, it might still help spur discussion ...

I think one thing missing from some of the info I've seen is a description of the use-case, even users, that are being targeted.
I'm not sure there's "one UI fits all" in this case.  For example, here's some quick off the cuff descriptions of what I mean ...

Casual user, moderate technical, develops applications. Wants to search for or get fairly broadly scoped functionality. They might have only the Platform installed, but now specifically want XML, or _javascript_, or Team Collaboration tools, or Modeling tools.

Technical user, developing add-on plugins, deep knowledge of Eclipse and other plugins. Wants to search for or get fairly specific plugins or features. They might have large, complex install already, but now know they need "XSD Info Set from EMF Project".

A user that just wants to update what they have installed .... they may want "the latest of everything" or they may want fixes only in a certain area (e.g. Platform, or Web Tools) without getting other fixes. Even, it'd be cool, to get a specific fix for a specific bug. Or, they may have been directed by a friend or by "service" to get the "xyz" update of a particular plugin or feature.

So ... just ideas for a starting point of documenting use-cases ... take 'em if they help, forget them if not.