Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] EclipseCon panel

I missed the last panel, but these could be good seed topics for discussion for the panel:
o http://www.asktog.com/basics/firstPrinciples.html
o http://www.useit.com/papers/heuristic/heuristic_list.html

Especially since many of these principles can contradict each other.

Also, controversy can make a panel less boring, but instead of users walking out with the results of an 'argument on stage' it will be really nice if there are some helpful take-aways, some thoughts:
o 1-2 users giving their experiences as to what happened with bad UI design.
o When to put items in a default perspective or context menu versus waiting for triggering via something like action sets.
o When to use a view versus an editor.

Vineet

Bob Fraser wrote:
I would be most happy to lead the panel.  I will get the proposal started.