Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Draft of proposal for the planning council

Bob,

Wouldn't be more appropriate for the Architecture rather than the Planning  Council to promote this workgroup ?
I am asking this because the UI Best Practices charter seems to be aligned with providing architectural/ui guidelines for building usable components. These are the type of activities the Architecture group should foster

Thank you,
Valentina Popescu
Senior Advisory Analyst
IBM Toronto Labs
Phone:  (905)413-2412         (tie-line  969)
Fax: (905) 413-4850

"Bob Fraser" <bfraser@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: ui-best-practices-working-group-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/16/2007 08:03 PM

Please respond to
User Interface Architecture Working Group        <ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"User Interface Best Practices Working Group" <ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ui-best-practices-working-group] Draft of proposal for the        planning council

Here is a draft proposal for the Planning Council.  Any feedback is welcome, content, tone, grammer – anything.  We can discuss at the Wednesday meeting.

The Eclipse User Interface Best Practices Working Group wishes to make a proposal to the Eclipse Planning Council to encourage the participation of the project groups in the activities of the working group.  We believe this will improve the user experience in and across the projects making up the Europa release.

We request that the Planning Council:

  • Help promote the existence of the UI Best Practices Working Group among the Eclipse projects and how members can engage the group. Eclipse projects can engage the group in a variety of ways.

    The wiki for the working group can be found at: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/User_Interface_Best_Practices_Working_Group

    We thank your consideration of this matter.

    Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
    information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
    entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
    by email and then delete it.