RE: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Question about membership

Thanks Mike.

I will ask again though :)

I will be more specific this time though.

IBM already has two representatives on the working group, namely myself and
Boris Bokowski.

Can another IBMer join the group if he/she is not an Eclipse committer but
has a lot input in the UI space?

Thanks,
Wassim.

             "Mike
             Milinkovich"
             <mike.milinkovich                                          To
             @eclipse.org>             "'User Interface Architecture
             Sent by:                  Working Group'"
             ui-best-practices         <ui-best-practices-working-group@ec
             -working-group-bo         lipse.org>
             unces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/18/2006 01:34          RE:
             PM                        [ui-best-practices-working-group]
                                       Question about membership

             Please respond to
              User Interface
               Architecture
               Working Group
             <ui-best-practice
             s-working-group@e
                clipse.org>

Wassim,

I will take a stab at trying to answer this.

Eclipse working groups are open to *all* members of Eclipse. This includes
corporate members and committer members.

In the case of committer members, it's pretty simple. There are two types:

             (a) individual committers who have signed the Eclipse
Membership
Agreement; and
             (b) committers who are employees of member companies.

In the case of corporate members, each corporation has a specific person
who
is their "delegate" to Eclipse. In the case of working groups, it often
makes sense the the person who can be of the most assistance is not that
person. So we have always welcomed an alternate representative. In other
words, each corporate member can send one person to participate in the
working group.

I hope this feels fair and makes sense to everyone. If not, please ask
again!

Thanks.

Mike Milinkovich
Executive Director,