Re: [udig-users] Detecting geometry type of Oracle views

Hendrik,
can you confirm that the Geometry Type for the resulting Layer is "Polygon". I'm wondering because Oracle JDBC datastore tries to read the type from Oracle Metadata and I guess nothing can be found for views. If this is the case the generic type "Geometry" is used for Geometry-Mapping (See here :  https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/plugin/jdbc/jdbc-oracle/src/main/java/org/geotools/data/oracle/OracleDialect.java#L211).

Not sure about the generator for default styling in uDIG if the type is Geoemtry. Maybe it guesses and uses LineStings as Default.. @Jody: could you jump in ?

HTH,
- Frank