Re: [udig-devel] enabled tilecaching results into rendering problems if labels for features are enabled

Jody Garnett ha scritto:
I wonder if we could "cheat" .... if we saved each tile with its
label cache; we could do some kind of label cache merge between on
the tiles and then render the labels at the end. In cases where two
label caches entries have the same featureid we could get a list; and
then take the average of their centroids? (Basically putting the
pieces back together that were split across several tiles).

The tile cache at that point has already sliced all the polygons
and lines to get a centroid that sits within the tile (since the tile is
the whole rendering request from the renderer point of view).
It's going to get ugly.

Better use your time to slice the styles instead and generate a
label layer on top that has labels rendered un-tiled

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime