Re: [udig-devel] Hi Everyone

Hi Andrea

I have added sample code to my IDE(udig.tutorial.examples), As you said before, I can see the GetSelectedFeaturesFromLayer.java class and also I have added a new map to the Udig. I can see Created message in my Eclipse console.
But the thing where I can see that map source code in my IDE? i where can I extrat my coardinates(boundaries of my new polygon). I mean GetSelectedFeaturesFromLayer.java will be created for my new map? other wise I need to use the same example calss? sorry very new to programming... Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance
Babu.
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:30 PM, andrea antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, I just want add a new polygon layer to the Map ,and I
> did it. Now I want to extract the coardinnates(Longitude,Lattitude)
> values,So that I can do some calculations using that. I hope you can
> understand my problem.
> Any way thanks again

As I said, studing the code examples would be good for you to
understand the whole picture.
But if you want to do it straight, here is your example:
http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/branches/1.1.x/udig/tutorials/net.refractions.udig.tutorials.examples/src/net/refractions/udig/tutorials/examples/GetSelectedFeaturesFromLayer.java

With this you get the selected feature. From that on it is easy like

feature.getDefaultGeometry().getCoordinates()

Andrea