Re: [udig-devel] Open Street Map

forgot something... I think tilecache can proxy OSM data (with a mapnik layer or so), but I might be wrong.

Ugo

Jody Garnett wrote:
Cory (and old udig hacker) was the last person to get excited about this :-)

As far as I can tell open street maps has a nice API and it should be a couple days work to pull data in... making a nice renderer (or converting to geotools features may be a bit more fun).

In anycase good idea - let me find you links:
- http://josm.openstreetmap.de/

I also found this in my searching
- http://earthissquare.com/2008/03/25/open-street-maps-in-worldwind/