Re: [udig-devel] general purpose client to WFS 1.1

Jens,

The WFS client code (most of it, anyways) resides in the Geotools code base. The main issue with moving to WFS 1.1 is not the WFS 1.1 specification, it's the GML 3.1.1 specification. So if you're interested in helping, hop over the the geotools side of the fence and start talking there about what needs to be done for GML 3.1.1 support. Some of it is already being done by the geoserver team (working in the geotools code base (we really should have a simple architecture diagram at the top of our developers page)) for an opengis project they are on right now. But it is a limited subset of GML3.

Sorry to give you a research project when all you wanted was a simple answer!