Re: [udig-devel] grid ascii

vale.g@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
What are geotools?
A library we use that has the raster support.
I explain my problem. I analyse an image representing for example slope, or aspect, with my own algorithm in order to construct a new image representing landslide hazard. I receive in input the images from a GIS converted in ascii format, i elaborate the informations (ascii is the siplest format to elaborate data) and i produce a new map in ascii format.I would like to achive the input form a free GIS and to show the result in the same Gis.I hoped Udig was a good solution for that. Is there another solution?
My problem is that I do not know which ASCII format you re talking about. You can certainly get the image on screen with a little bit of programming (adding it to the catalog, holding the data in memory, creating a renderer to draw it), but if it was specifically the ArcGRID ascii format then it would be a lot less coding (only adding a wizard to the catalog).

Later,
Jody

Back to the top