--- Begin Message ---
  • From: David Blasby <dblasby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 09:21:35 -0700
FYI
--- Begin Message ---

Hi!
Im an AGIL association member (Spanish Association to impel Open Source GIS) and we are very pleased to announce three new JUMP's modules availables to download: x) Scalable Shapefile Plugin. It allows you work with shapefiles of unlimited size. (It doesnt load any Feature in memory) x) Print PlugIn. It allows you to print actual map, and has preview capabilities. It shows Open Source potential. Plugin has only 15/20 lines of code. We got this by integration with JFreeReport. We are working in a visual report designer.
x) DXF PlugIn. It allows you to load DXF File in JUMP.

You can download them in www.agiles.org (see "Proyectos JUMP" section, http://www.agiles.org/index.php?module=subjects&func=listpages&subid=14), or directly in AGIL's sourceforge page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gisesagil/

CORE download is an optimized JUMP version to allow JUMP working with massive dataset. We dont want to create a JUMP's fork, but until we think in a solution to avoid JUMP's core modification, we are offering our own JUMP version. Main changes are in FeatureCollection and FeatureCollectionRenderer. We have added an Iterator query(Envelope envelope) in FeatureCollection interface, and we have changed FeatureCollectionRenderer to use this method. Reason is simple: if you use List FeatureCollection#query(Envelope) method with a heavy ShapeFile, method wont return untill all shapes will be in memory. This approach has two disadvantages: big memory footprint and less responsibe GUI (it wont start rendering untill all features will be in memory). If you want to see working Scalable Shapefile Plugin, you must download AGIL core jar before.

The other plugin runs without problems with JUMP's Vivid version.

We have developed a JUMP's Imagin plugin. It allows viewing of very massive raster dataset (500 Mb or more) of TILED TIFF format, PNG, JPEG, etc.

Youll can download it soon. Now we are in GUI components to select images and in multiresolution images to speed up image rendering.

Regards!