Re: [tycho-user] [tycho-dev] Compilation issues on updating from Tycho 2.0 to 2.3

[moved to tycho-users mailing-list]

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 7:50 AM Fauth Dirk (XC-ECO/ESM1) via tycho-dev <tycho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just updated my project from Tycho 2.0 to 2.3 (also the extensions of course). The project is configured for BREE 1.8, the build is executed with Java 11. While the build succeeds with 2.0, with 2.3 I suddenly get a compilation error:

Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:2.3.0:compile (default-compile) on project org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.extension.e4: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:

[ERROR] C:\Development\Sources\nattable\org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable\org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.extension.e4\src\org\eclipse\nebula\widgets\nattable\extension\e4\css\CSSConfigureScalingCommandHandler.java:

[ERROR]         ^

[ERROR] The type org.w3c.dom.css.CSSValue cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

[ERROR] 1 problem (1 error)

I assume this is a Java 11 issue and Tycho is now more strict in resolving somehow. Is there a way to solve this? I haven’t found anything in the docs.

Aren't there some warnings in the build log that could give a hint about what's going wrong? Do you have Java 8 defined as execution environment (not only in MANIFEST but also in .target or pom files as explained in https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Release_Notes/2.0#Proper_BREE_handling_may_require_setting_executionEnvironment_in_target-platform-configuration_or_targetJRE_in_.target_files ) ? Do you have Java 8 available as a compilation toolchain to ensure proper resolution?

Back to the top