Re: [tycho-user] would it be possible for tycho to check the signing (and sign) all plugin jars that are put into the product?

Thats why I think its worth separating the concerns into two parts:

1) provide a hook so plugins can participate in the process of jars being prepared to be placed inside a repository (I don't think the download stage needs to be covered here as this might also applies for plugins build in the reactor)

2) a plugin/mojo using this extension point and can be configured (maybe just a thin wrapper around jar-signer-plugin) for signing a jar

This could then be reused by 3rdparty plugins, for example for some of our products there is a licensing-dongle that is responsible to handle encrypted jar files. Currently we do it that way that the product is build and after that the resulting product is encrypted with the customer key and repacked.

I could even think about a module that for example checks license information of a jar before it is allowed to be placed inside a product/updatesite ... we recently had this discussion on the mailinglist.