Re: [tycho-user] Tycho POM less not finding feature dependency in target platform

> On Sep 29, 2020, at 07:11, Ed Merks <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Given you specify includeMode="slicer" (rather than includeMode="planner") and given that you don't specify org.eclipse.platform.feature.group in your slice, shouldn't you expect the target platform not to include org.eclipse.platform.feature.group?

I thought so, too but apparently that is not the case. FWIW, the target file is generated from a tpd file.

I realized that my p2repository Maven project was not using any target platform at all. Thus, it should only see the things that are part of the same reactor. That's probably the reason why it fails. After changing the POM of the p2repository project to use set target file I posted things started working as expected.

It looks like Tycho ignores the slices/planner settings in the target file. However, it looks like p2 is not able to build the final repository as it wants to resolve all the required dependencies. Is there a way to disable that? <includeAllDependencies> is not set, i.e. it should default to false.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/