Re: [tycho-user] Unable to satisfy dependency from config.a.jre 9.0.0 to org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; a.jre 9.0.0.

Robert,

I managed to get your product building with JustJ:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/1104206/1828868/#msg_1828868

But I also have Tycho questions related to a.jre.javase dependencies.  The only way I've been able to reliably build a product with Tycho 1.7 using a "real" is by using

<resolveWithExecutionEnvironmentConstraints>false</resolveWithExecutionEnvironmentConstraints>

I've also tried:

              <dependency-resolution>
                <profileProperties>
<org.eclipse.justj.buildtime>true</org.eclipse.justj.buildtime>
                </profileProperties>
              </dependency-resolution>

But that doesn't seem work work reliably.  It should disable the negative requirements that the JustJ JREs have on all a.jre and a.jre.javase IUs.

Note that the JustJ JREs themselves provide java.package capabilities and osgi.ee capabilities so the JustJ JREs should be able to satisfy java.package requirements (package imports) osgi.ee requirements (BREEs) without needing fake IUs  (profiles) for that purpose.

Does using resolveWithExecutionEnvironmentConstraints set to false disable all the proper checking that needs to be done?

Regards,
Ed