Re: [tycho-user] why does tycho fail with this?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 11:09 AM Johan Compagner <jcompagner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would still rather have 1 big aggregated site that we place on our own S3 bucket.. (close to where we use it)
one other question, how does that target def work exactly?
Does it really use also the things that you select? Or does it just use the url (like the repo urls if you use <repositories>

You may be interested in looking at https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2012/sites/eclipsecon.org.europe2012/files/Target-platforms.pdf , slide 18/19 for perf related stuff, slide 10 for more info about how tP works.

I asked this because is this now stable? If something is updated on 1 of the urls it doesn't suddenly get that new on?  (just like the target usage in eclipse)

More or less, assuming repos properly update their timestamps so Tycho uses the updated the cache, and the newer unit is preferred by p2 to other ones available in the target, then the new version should automatically be available.

HTH

Back to the top