Re: [tycho-user] Trying to add a pom dependency to the target platform

Running "mvn clean install -X" in a bundle project (modeler/bundles/modeler.core)
shows that neo4j-java-driver seems to be added to the target platform
during a maven build:
 https://gist.github.com/steinarb/35e74c2ecf359e3c77f6446dc546b64f

See eg.
 https://gist.github.com/steinarb/35e74c2ecf359e3c77f6446dc546b64f#file-maven-log-modeler-core-L302
and
 https://gist.github.com/steinarb/35e74c2ecf359e3c77f6446dc546b64f#file-maven-log-modeler-core-L337
and
 https://gist.github.com/steinarb/35e74c2ecf359e3c77f6446dc546b64f#file-maven-log-modeler-core-L562

However adding neo4j to the target platform isn't picked up by the m2e
tycho adapter or made permanent in any way.  The only files that contain
the text neo4j, are the README.org file and the top pom.xml:
 sb@lorenzo:~/workspaces/ws01/modeler$ find . -type f | grep -v ".git" | xargs grep neo4j
 ./README.org:For installing on other systems than debian based GNU/linux systems, see [[https://neo4j.com/docs/operations-manual/current/installation/][the Neo4J documentation]].
 ./README.org:For [[https://neo4j.com/docs/operations-manual/current/installation/linux/debian/#debian-add-repository][installing on debian or ubuntu]], do:
 ./README.org:      wget -O - https://debian.neo4j.org/neotechnology.gpg.key | apt-key add -
 ./README.org:      echo 'deb https://debian.neo4j.org/repo stable/' | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/neo4j.list
 ./README.org: 2. Install neo4j community edition:
 ./README.org:      echo "neo4j-enterprise neo4j/question select I ACCEPT" | debconf-set-selections
 ./README.org:      echo "neo4j-enterprise neo4j/license note" | debconf-set-selections
 ./README.org:      apt install neo4j=1:3.5.8
 ./pom.xml:            <groupId>org.neo4j.driver</groupId>
 ./pom.xml:            <artifactId>neo4j-java-driver</artifactId>
 sb@lorenzo:~/workspaces/ws01/modeler$

So I'm still unclear of how this is supposed to work...?

There has to be something that fetches and includes the neo4j bundle for
the finished eclipse plug-in.  And I can't see what that something is.

Thanks!

Back to the top