Re: [tycho-user] Trying to add a pom dependency to the target platform

Hi Steinar,

If I understand your issue you are trying to:

  1. Download a "classic", non-OSGi artifact from Maven Central
  2. Wrap this artifact as an OSGi bundle
  3. Use this artifact as a dependency of one of your bundles

Am I right?

I never tried to do this dynamically, but I think your are missing a few steps. According to the docs [1], the pomDependencies parameter considers only artifacts that already are OSGi bundles. Hence, you first have to wrap your dependencies as OSGi bundles. This can be done:

I believe that a project using the latter is easier to deal with because dependencies are explicit (i.e. one does not have to search through the POM files to find them) and because M2E is thus not required to build the project from Eclipse IDE. However it requires more work, especially when upgrading or adding new dependencies.

Regards,
Emmanuel

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Target_Platform#.22POM_dependencies_consider.22
[2] https://flames-of-code.netlify.com/blog/maven-and-tycho-deps/