Re: [tycho-user] how is orbit generated?

On Fri, 2019-01-11 at 17:28 +0100, Johan Compagner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i know tycho has:
> https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Additional_Tools#publish-features-and-bundles_goal
>
> that just runs that eclipse application to make the artifact.jar/content.jar
> That works in tycho
> problem is that by default i have some features in that dir but also just a bunch of jars
> but if you use a .target file and the a site it will not see the jars (that are not in a feature)
> but if i would use a folder on disk it does see them
> This is quite annoying that difference in behavior
>
> Als tycho sees all the jars also just fine when building. So i am not so why the eclipse.target file is so picky when it comes to a site (you also really have to select a feature instead of just adding the url)
>
> So i wonder how other people do this or how Orbit is created. Is that really 1 big feature where manually if a jar is added an entry is added to it?
>
> What is the best way to just handle a jar (from apache.commons or what ever)
>
> I would rather maybe have that i could just use plain maven, but the product that we then build needs to include ofcourse all the jars (so also get the jars from maven repo instead of a p2 repo)

In Orbit we actually call tycho-p2-plugin:p2-metadata on the modules in
the 'package' phase after we've generated the jars. Since the modules
creating these bundles have their own project type (and lifecycle to go
with it), we add the type to 'supportedProjectTypes'. To generate the
repository we use a category.xml with expressions similar to :

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/category.xml

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg