Re: [tycho-user] creating an installer with tycho

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 10:32, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Sorry, I don't have a better answer, but I'd like to ask a question here.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 3:19 PM Johan Compagner <jcompagner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How does eclipse really generate those self extracting exe (windows) and dmg (mac) files for their installers?

Why isn't the zip enough for you?

we have a current java based izpack installer. (which does quite a lot)
Problem is that more and more we can't just assume people have  jre's installed on there machines, there is no jre anymore from java11 on.

So we only have 2 options, replace our installer with a native one for the platforms we are on (windows, mac and linux)
or somehow have a self extacting zip (like oomph) that extracts our installer with a jre and runs then that installer with the shipped jre.

--
Mickael Istria