Re: [tycho-user] Tycho & Babel

Hi Michael,

Am Thu, 01 Feb 2018 16:27:20 +0100 schrieb Mickael Istria:

> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 4:06 PM, Jörg Schaible <
> joerg.schaible@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I tried to configure in the target-platform-
>> configuration dependency-resolution/optionalDependencies to "require",
>> but it has no effect

> Can you please share the snippet?

In the pom.xml of the project root we have configured the plugin like:

============== %< ============
  <plugin>
    <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
    <artifactId>target-platform-configuration</artifactId>
    <configuration>
       <dependency-resolution>
         <optionalDependencies>require</optionalDependencies>
       </dependency-resolution>
       <environments>
         <environment>
           <os>win32</os>
           <ws>win32</ws>
           <arch>x86_64</arch>
         </environment>
       </environments>
       <target>
         <artifact>
         </artifact>
       </target>
    </configuration>
  </plugin>
============== %< ============

> Do you see the translation fragments
> listed in target/work/configuration/config.ini with all other
> bundles/fragments?

There is currently a setting in the product definition to generate a
default config.ini file. However, none is created during the Tycho build.
In target I get a big ZIP file containing something that looks like a P2
repo or update site and an additional binary folder with ZIP files
containing the launchers for the configured environments.

>  and should have been the default anyway.
>>

> No, it shouldn't have been the default.

According to the documentation (at least to what I have found), the
default for the configuration setting above is "require". Since there's
no difference in the output if I drop that part in the configuration
completely, I believe the documentation here.

> The target-platform defines
> what's available for dependency resolution, not what's mandatory for
> dependency resolution.

Isn't it, that the available stuff is defined by the artifact with the
target platform definition referenced in the target section of the
plugin? Tycho has a lot more plugins available than the ones that are
finally packed into the result ZIP.

If the "optionalDependency" setting is not the proper parameter to select
the optional plugins as mandatory for dependency resolution, what can I
configure elsewhere?

> Tycho more usually avoid installing stuff that's
> not needed unless you explicitly tell it to (in the
> target-platfrom-configuration as you tried).

What works?

I am using currently Maven 3.5.2, Tycho 1.0.0 with pomless extension.

Regards,
Jörg

Back to the top