Re: [tycho-user] Are there disadvantages to pomless builds?

> (I have something that sort-of works for pre e4 eclipse.  The tricky
> bit has always been getting a working target platform definition when
> I move to a newer eclipse release)

(For the curious: the setup that sort-of works consists of adding the
required OSGi bundles to the top POM
 https://github.com/steinarb/modeler/blob/using-modelstore/pom.xml
(<dependencies> at the bottom) and then generate a target platform based
on the manually created target platform in the target maven project
 https://github.com/steinarb/modeler/blob/using-modelstore/modeler.target/pom.xml
and finally, use the generated target file (in the modeler.target
project's target directory after a "mvn build"))

If I could get something simpler than this it would be a bonus.

In particular, creating the target platform file that is the basis for
the target platform file that includes the OSGi bundles, is a pain to
create and update to a new version of eclipse.

Back to the top